Just a quick reminder to all of our clients that have their sweet fur kids staying with us over this holiday weekend...we will be CLOSED to the public tomorrow-Sunday, May 23rd-and will re-open for pick ups and drop offs on Monday, May 24th between 5pm and 7pm. We hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
Let's celebrate! MAY Better Days Specials:
Starting May 1st, we will be offering the following specials for the entire month:
~$10 off of all grooming and bathing services!
~$20/per day for daycare in our indoor/outdoor suites with a FREE activity!
~For our boarding clients; FREE activity for each day your pet boards with us!
We've missed you and hope to see you all in the happy month of May!!
Don't forget to book your reservations for Memorial Day weekend!
Call 770-995-9122 or visit www.petsinnsuites.com for reservations!
As our pets get older, they still need to get out to get their bones 'a moving! Here are a few tips to help keep your senior pet feeling good while continuing to exercise:
1. Check with your vet before changing your exercise routine: Write down any questions you may have before your appointment so that you can discuss any concerns with your vet. The doc will be able to assess your pup's condition and can help come up with an exercise routine that would be perfectly suited for your dog.
2. Enjoy a daily walk together: It is recommended that all dogs get walked daily, and your aging buddy is no exception! You may not be able to take him/her on a long hike in the woods like you could before...but he/she would definitely still enjoy a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood or park. Let them take sniff breaks and explore their surroundings. If you have a pup with mobility issues, just remember to keep them on flatter walking surfaces to make it easier on their joints.
3. Take it slow when beginning your new routine: Ease your senior pup into any new exercising routine. Increase the activity over a longer time period to avoid injuries. If you are beginning a new walking routine, start with flat surfaces and slowly increase the pace/distance over time. Be sure to watch your pet for signs of discomfort and stick to low impact exercises. After a few days of exercise, you should be able to better gauge what they can handle and how far they can go.
4. Give your dog a warm up: Just like humans, our pups need to warm up before jumping right into exercising. Stroll around the yard for a few laps to get your pup moving before you head out on your walk/hike.
5. Add some mental exercise to your dog's routine: Keep their mind sharp with some mental exercises in addition to their physical exercise. Use a food dispensing toy or a stuffed kong. Play hide and seek with their favorite toy. Most of all, let your dog have fun!
6. BE CONSISTENT: Dogs are less likely to injure themselves if they have at least 15-20 minutes of daily exercise versus 1-2 hours of exercise only on the weekends. Not to mention, your pup will enjoy the daily one on one time with you!
7. Save some time to give a doggy massage after your exercise: A 10 minute massage will help soothe your dog's muscles and decrease stiffness/pain, helps lower their blood pressure and improve circulation. This will also leave your senior pup feel more relaxed after their exercise.
Now, get out there and get moving! :) Your old guys and gals will love it!
1. Fill a pot about one-third full with water and heat to medium-low.
2. Set a standard or large-sized mason jar inside of the pot. This creates a double boiler effect. (You could also just use a double boiler, but beware: my mason jar was impossible to get clean afterwards so I am glad I used something fairly disposable.)
3. Put the beeswax in the jar and heat, stirring often, until it’s melted. This took about ten minutes. (Tip: I used a wooden skewer to stir so I wouldn’t ruin a spoon.)
4. Add the coconut oil, olive oil and shea butter. As you can see, I was pretty loose with my measurements. Heat until melted, stirring often.
5. Remove from heat and add the vitamin E drops. Stir.
6. Pour the mixture into storage containers. I used smaller mason jars.
7. Let it sit for an hour or so until it hardens.
*Recipe from HalifaxDogventures.com
Ingredients You Need
Rinse strawberries and blueberries. Cut stems off of strawberries.
Mix 1/2 cup water and all 8 strawberries in the blender. Blend in the blender until liquefied. Repeat with Blueberries. (Mixing 1/4 cup Blueberries with 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of water).
Pour berry/water mixture into ice cube trays. (We found these star molds at Target for $1 each but you can use any ice cube trays that you have handy.)
Freeze for 2-4 hours or overnight.
Once they are frozen, pop them out and serve 1-2 cubes to your pup! You can put the remaining cubes into a plastic container and store them in the freezer.
Recipe from IrresistiblePets.net
First, we would like to say how much we have missed you and your pets! We appreciate all of the continued support throughout these challenging times. We are beginning our re-opening process and would like to update you all with our guidelines and procedures going forward.
As of today, May 2nd, we will be re-opening our lobby for clients. We will be following the guidelines set forth by Governor Kemp, along with some of our own precautions. This will include:
*Allowing no more than one family in the lobby at one time. You may call us upon your arrival and we will notify you when it is your turn to come inside.
*Asking anyone that is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 to please refrain from entering the building.
*Continue practicing social distancing by remaining 6 feet apart from each other while in the lobby.
*Continuing to offer curbside services for those clients that prefer not to enter the building.
*Asking that all clients refrain from bringing any bedding materials from home. If your pet is boarding with us, we will be happy to provide additional bedding for them upon request.
*We will be allowing tours of the facility to new clients; however we ask that all other clients remain in the lobby area of the facility until further notice.
*We will continue to sanitize our entire lobby area after each client.
We are looking forward to seeing you all soon! Call or email today to book your boarding, daycare or grooming appointments!
email@example.com or visit our website at www.petsinnsuites.com