Candy Cane Dog Treats Ingredients:
Christmas Dog Treats Instructions:1. Whisk all your wet ingredients together until well combined. Add dry ingredients, one at a time, stirring between each addition to incorporate. Knead dough on floured surface for 2-3 minutes.
2. Divide dough in half, make a well in one half and add the peppermint and food coloring-working it in and adding food coloring until desired color is reached.
3. Place both dough rolls back into bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm dough.
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover a cookie sheet in foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Whisk egg for wash in a small bowl.
6. Remove dough from refrigerator, break each dough color up into an equal number of pieces- about a Tbsp. or so in size-depending on the size of the recipient.
7. Roll each ball into a small snake-like shape. Work on a long sheet of wax paper creating candy canes to prevent sticking- dough will still be somewhat sticky and that is normal.
8. Twist one of each color together and bend the end to create a hook shape. Place your “Candy Cane” on the foil lined baking sheet.
9. Brush each with egg wash. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
10. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.